I have less than 24 hours left with my family. I am total panicking, not because I leave ( I think that is going to happen soon) but because I am packing my suitcase since Sunday, okay I started on Sunday and continued yesterday and I have too much stuff. Originally I thought I am really good at packing, everything seemed to fit and I wasn’t even sure if I need the hand luggage but everyone made me feel like I have not enough and now I have too much (it does not fit into the suitcase I haven’t weighed it yet) and I does not know what to leave at home, everything seems important! I have not much else than clothes, is this normal? Unfortunately, the presents for the host family take one third of the space! Ups.
My aunt made a USA – Rebecca is coming Party yesterday. There were burgers and beer (Bud light for me and German for the others, to be honest I haven’t tasted a difference) and I have baked cookie butter cupcakes. There was American music and my aunt wanted to know everything about my flight, my travel preparations, my first days in New York, my future if I want to expand. She said I should not answer the messages of my mum everyday because when I am not at home it should feel like it too. My mum could have killed her.
I am still not nervous because I cannot realise I am leaving tomorrow. Weird.
I crafted the whole week (instead of packing) goodbye presents for my parents and my grandma: a clock full of pictures with typical American images so they know what time it is in Boston and a calendar with pictures from us as well as from New England. Now that I am finish I think it is ridiculous and a totally self centered present but I thought I have to give them something!
What I have to do today is obviously packing, cleaning up my room, it looks like something exploded in here because I have thrown everything I thought I wanted to take with me into the floor and now there is barely floor visible, I want to shower, eat all the stuff which only I eat (happy eating), vacuum at my grandma’s, search the suitcase scale, say goodbye to my grandma and my aunt, cook dinner (Chili con carne), maybe read, oh not to forget quit my job, sleep and I think that’s it.
Wow, guys, can you believe that one year has passed since my last post? I get really melancholic on New Year’s Eve (I hate it actually) and feel very lonely. Sorry for not posting I feel very bad although I even gained followers that way (Hi there, by the way). I cannot believe how fast the year flew by. It was not so bad actually.
- I made my driver’s license at my first try. Applause please! Thank you.
- I got 18, which was very boring. I wanted to throw a party but I only knew three people I could invite so it was just a normal day.
- I did not repeat the school year so this is my last year (hopefully) and I am going to do my A-Levels next year!
- I survived not only our class trip to Weimar but also to Greece (and it was not that bad). Maybe I post something about it later in a throwback post.
- Well, I think I got more integrated at school, I mean I got invited to some parties and my seatmate and I get along very well. We have the same humor and we love to gossip about our teacher. I really like her although a lot of people do not.
- I made a practical training at a kindergarten for my year abroad next year, which was really funny and changed my sight about working with kids. In the first place I never wanted to work with kids because of my horrible practical training in a kindergarten almost 3 years ago but the one in the fall break was really awesome and the kids were so nice I was really sad that it was over.
- Nobody from my family died or was serious sick. (Thank God!)
- My former best friend and I started meeting again.
- I was at the best birthday party ever ( a few days ago). Ok, I know, I haven’t been to a lot of parties but this one was great. I met two of my friends from my old school, got to know their (really nice) friends, got drunk (2 beers, 1 Jägermeister, 1 wodka, 4 Kleine Feiglinge – it is schnaps, 1 Malibu and pineapple juice – drunk it the first time, it is soooooooo delicious!) but had no hangover and I did not something embarissing or threw up.
Ok, it was not very good either, it was ok.
- My grades got worse. (Great!)
- My family is a mess, the only thing we do is fighting!
- I do not know if I can really do my year abroad because I do not have enough childcare experience because the kindergarten where I made the internship almost 3 years ago does not authenticate it.
- My cat is almost the whole time sick and has to go to the doctor! (It is nothing serious, sometimes she does not eat anything anymore)
- My new English teacher is crappy. She says my English is horrible. Ok she could be right but I always thought I am not that bad (she gave me 4 Points which means an E). Furthermore she does not teach us anything so we have to teach it ourselves for our A-Levels.
- The relationship between my cousin and me worsened (unfortunately!) because I haven’t got much time to meet her lately.
- The Minnesota Vikings are not in the playoffs. (Damn it!)
Nonetheless, I hope YOU had a great 2016 and that your 201 will be even more awesome.
What are your new year’s resolutions? I know mine was to publish more last year (and look how it went) and it is the same this time. Moreover I want to be better at school again and I want (the first time in my life) to put my hand up in school. Isn’t it incredible how far I have come without raising my hand and just writing good exams, doing my homework and doing good presentations and group works? My grades were never awesome but ok. I never had to repeat a year.
My new year’s eve so far was ok. I got up very early so I was able to get the buns from the backery. After that I made noodle salad because my mum had to work and it has to rest before you can eat it. My dad and my sis are incapable of doing it so I was the only one left to do it otherwise we hadn’t got something for dinner today. After that I learnt for my A-Levels but not very long because I was not very motivated. Then I drove (by myself because I CAN!) to the supermarket to buy the last things for today. After that I just sat down reading and watching other countries (like Australia, who had already 2017 when it was 2pm here) celebrate the new year like I did last year although I was very dissapointed because there were not much celebrations who aired on TV here. Now I just sit here, write my blog entry and answer the WhatsApps from my friend Jaqueline. We both stay at home this year.
Originally I wanted to celebrate with a classmate but she decided to go to a party from another classmate of us to which I was not invited so I decided not to go because if she wanted me to come to her party she would have invited me. Jaqueline said that she perhaps comes over at midnight because she lives only a few minutes away. Let’s see but it would be awesome. I already chill the champagne!
Oh my mum calls, dinner is ready: sausage and noodle salad! (I do not like it very much)
I hope you have big fun celebrating and I wish you a happy new year.
P.S. The people in our neighborhood display their fireworks since midday today and I gets more and more. Why didn’t they wait until midnight?!
All the best, Becca ♥
I am back from dinner. It was delicious although it was a bit too spicy, my mum likes it! You never guess what my sister just heard really loud: Justin Bieber’s Baby! Yuck! I posted a long while ago that i want to publish my fav recipes. Here’s the first one. We call it “Wok”.
400 gram meat which you like
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp sesam oil
1 tbsp Sambal Oelek
2 tbsp curry paste
as much vegetables (carottes, pepper, bamboo, sprouts, broccoli, …)
1 can coconut milk
1. Add the meat after the sesam oil is hot.
2. Add the vegetables and cook both
3. Now add a bit of the soy sauce and 1 tbsp of the curry paste.
4. After that add the coconut milk and the curry paste, Sambal Oelek.
5. Spice it with sambal and Curry paste as you like.
You can eat it with rice. Enjoy your meal!